Happy Monday! It’s April 1st and this is when a lot of people make big plans to either eat better or to workout. You have the best intentions to follow your workout routine and meal plan, but along the way you lose motivation and start getting back into your old habits.
Trust me, I have been there and done it myself. Before I decided to begin a journey of a healthy lifestyle, I would lose motivation to workout and eat right. But, I’ve been on my health and fitness journey for almost four years and I’m still going strong. Today, I’m sharing my key tips to help you stay motivated! So here we go!
- Find something you love doing to workout! When I first started to get back into shape, I loved to dance to Salsa music and anything that was fast. It didn’t even seem like I was working out and the time flew by.
- Join an accountability group because they work and I’ve been in these groups for fours years and they have completely kept me on track. The groups are encouraging and motivating.
- Do personal development! This was a huge game changer with my success. If you don’t change your mindset, than your are going to keep getting the same results. You have to find your ”why” and dig deep.
- Use a tracker- I never was the type to use anything to track my workouts or food. That’s why I failed so many times. Using a tracker, you can see how much your working out and what you are eating. There are a ton of trackers out there but my personal favorite is My challenge tracker by Beachbody. So easy to use and it’s free.
- Count non scale victories! I know that the social media and other media outlets has made it where the scale defines who you are. But, that isn’t true or even realistic. Count the wins such as, your rings are looser, pants fitting better, eating less junk,working out consistently, there are so many non scale victories to keep you motivated.
- Find a coach or a partner to keep you motivated. As, I stated in number two that accountabilty groups are great, a coach is helpful to because you can have one on one coaching and mentoring. They can tailor your exact needs to help you.
- Try something new and don’t be afraid to step out of your box. You might just end up liking it. I am not a country fan but I’ve been loving a program that consists of country dancing. You just have to try!
- Journal about your goals and what you want to achieve. Sometimes writing it down and seeing it will give you a clear picture about where you want to go or what you might be struggling with.
- Make a vision board with motivating quotes and pictures of you or someone that motivates you. Use that to keep you motivated by keeping it out, so you can take a look at it everyday.
- Last but not least is to trust the process and I know how hard it can be when you are not seeing results right away and your losing your motivation. There is no quick fix or pill that is going to have lasting sustainable effects as hard work and consistency will. You will get there, I promise but you need to use these tips to help you stay motivated!